Re: Sharing experiences

To: wdc52458@proaxis.com, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Sharing experiences
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 16:12:37 EDT
List,

        I can relate as My U20 was modified by some PO at one time with some
british flex(aluminum blade) fan. One day on my solo ride home from one of our
SocalRoc runs I hear this ballpeen hammer like sound while doing 80mph on the
freeway. My first thoughts were Oh ^@!*`^!! there goes my timing chain! It
turned out that a blade had come apart and had ricochetted around under the
hood
before slicing and embedding itself into my upper rad hose. Since then I have
replaced it with a toyota corolla 4 blade plastic fan and it's even quieter
that the old unit. I went to the junkyard looking for a datsun unit but didn't
want to come emty handed.

                             Tom Prather 2.0 lady n red