Re: Sharing experiences

To: Tomet9@aol.com
Subject: Re: Sharing experiences
From: "John F Sandhoff" <sandhoff@csus.edu>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 2004 14:15:34 -0700
> One day... I hear this ballpeen hammer like sound while doing
> 80mph on the freeway... It turned out that a blade had come apart
> and had ricochetted around under the hood before slicing and embedding
> itself into my upper rad hose.

When my flex fan let go, I was coming off the freeway. One blade
fractured and the chunk sliced the rubber fuel line between the
hard line and the filter. There was one loud 'chink', that's all. Then
about a half mile later, I found myself involuntarily coasting to a
stop.

Found the sliced line, patched it and got home. Couldn't figure
out what had happened. Took quite a bit of looking before I noticed
the odd-shaped fan blade.

Have a 7-blade plastic on now and boy it's noisy. Miss my flex fan
but now I don't trust 'em.

-- John