Re: 2000 SU carb needle question

To: wdc52458@proaxis.com, datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: 2000 SU carb needle question
From: Tomet9@aol.com
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2004 12:53:45 EDT
To Bill & List,

      I never did get a confirmation on this but I've been told that N25 are
smog and N17 are for smogless cars. I was never happy with the mid/top end
performance on my otherwise stock car and Dean at Fairlady Products suggested
using N25. It definitely does perk up the mid range but still lacks in the
upper
ranges. Since then I just acquired a set of british RA needles from Ztherapy
which they told me is what they install on all their U20 rebushed carbs. Have
not installed them as of yet but I checked the profile on them and I find that
they are just a tad leaner at the first station and richer at the ends. This
just might be what I need for I've always had trouble getting a clean idle
which sacrifices top end performance.

                   Tom Prather 2.0 Lady in red