RE: Priming SU's

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Priming SU's
From: "Richard Hugi" <Richard@tntarch.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Nov 2004 15:43:41 -0800
No, I just received my copy of HaynEs Webber and su carbs book, and this is
the set that I was going to learn on.  However, the engine looks so good and
the car has had so much work done to it, I became obsessed with starting it.
The choke feels different than my 67.5, less to little resistance when I
pull it from the dash, I have been able to move the linkage with my hand
while cranking.

Are you familiar with SU carbs?  Are you setting the chokes and if so, have
you confirmed that they are working?  Starter fluid on the aircleaner has
worked best for me in the past.  If it won't fire on starter fluid, you
probably have some other problem.

Greg Burrows

-- "Richard Hugi" <richard@tntarch.com> wrote:
Greetings All,

I am trying to light up my newly purchased 69 1600 and I have fire to
plugs, gas to the carbs but no kick when it turns over.  I was wondering
if there is an easy way to prime the carbs , starter fluid? or gas? And
where would it go.  Eventually I would like to have Keith build me a set
for it, but I'm like a kid with a new toy, and I need to hear it run.

Thanks

Richard Hugi

67.5

69