Full Throttle

To: 510 <BLUEBIRDS@bluebirds.datsun510.com>,
Subject: Full Throttle
From: Ronnie Day <rday@hot.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Nov 2004 23:23:35 -0600
My opinion, but I thought the show was pretty lame. They got some history
way wrong. The L-series motor was not based on the R/U roadster motors, and
while they didn't go into much detail (IMHO) the fat cam, 4 barrel carb,
header approach, especially with stock gearing is totally wrong. Especially
for drag racing. I think I could turn a 17.80 in a decent totally stock Z
and probably do much better simply by bolting in a 4.11 or a 4.38.

Plus I thought the production values were pretty poor, too, but many of you
know what a picky SOB I can be. I recorded the show into my editing work
station with the intent of cutting out the commercials, but I'm not sure
I'll bother.

FWIW,
Ron