Steering

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Steering
From: <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 17:42:25 -0500
What I am about to type I told my other half who promptly said "it don't look
different". Go figure!

After a couple weeks I finally got the 1970 steering column, steering box and
idler mounted in the 66. With that I got a 1970 turn signal switch mounted on
the column pointing at the driver door where it would normally point in an
early car. The hardest part was fabricating a new turn signal cover that was
round and would look good with a flat dash. The cover has visible ribs which
are really threads.

The reason for all that is I have a severe fear of being harpooned in a head
on. My fear of the spear is now gone, at least on the 66. The 67 on the other
hand still gives me pause.