backfire

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: backfire
From: oliver <oliverconnect@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Nov 2004 15:34:30 -0800 (PST)
Hi, all.

i'm thinking this is a valve adjustment issue?

when i start the car (the filter is off) i get backfire out of the carbs.  got
one quick flame even!  after i get it running that doesn't happen anymore.

i'm real new to the car (it's new to me); i never even met the po, so i don't
know much history.  he mostly did bodywork; all that is pretty good.  the
speedo is wrong (black surround) and the tach doesn't work, so . . .

then the car seems to run and drive OK; prob idles a bit high, but without a
tach i can't really tell.

thoughts/suggestions?

its a 67 1600

thanks!