Exhaust Manafold vs Header UPDATE

To: <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Exhaust Manafold vs Header UPDATE
From: "James Richards" <jmr407@mindspring.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 2004 20:38:10 -0500
I had a great response to my 3 questions posted and would like to thank
everyone who took the time to reply.

The consensuses on question one was ditch the manifold and go with a
header.  I ordered one from Fairlady Products today.  Many people had
limited luck welding the manifold; however the majority off them failed
within a few thousand miles.

Question two is still open for debate, is a 5 3/4 inch long starter a
1600, U20, or Gear reduction type.  I am gambling that my starter is a
U20.

Question three, I received many different configurations that people
have used and all are happy with the results. Many people suggested
using a flowmaster with a megaphone tip. (Something Dean recommends)
Others have used one or two Glasspacks in series.  I will do more
research on this as I wait for my new header to arrive.

Thank you all again, the collective years of experience of this group
will keep these cars running for many more years.

James Richards
jmr407@mindspring.com