Re: Exhaust Manafold vs Header UPDATE

To: "John E. Stromgren" <lutepisk@aol.com>,
Subject: Re: Exhaust Manafold vs Header UPDATE
From: Andy Cost <andycost@earthlink.net>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2004 09:18:42 -0600 (GMT-06:00)
I think you will have to pull the motorup a little to get the collector past
the frame rail.  I always left the carbs and header on the motor when
installing and pulling it.  It is much easier to get to all the bolts with the
motor hanging from the engine crane.  I was using the stock manifold on my U20
in the race car.  It split several places and I tried to weld it many times.
It always would split again.  I think that a better quality weld then I was
able to produce woudl have lasted longer.

Andy