T minus 4 days and counting!!

To: datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net, seroc@datsunroadsters.com
Subject: T minus 4 days and counting!!
From: "sidney raper" <spl310@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 2004 22:54:50 -0500
Actually, less than that!!  The Pork Chop commeth!!!  Just think about it,
2lbs of succulent, perfectly cooked pork on a HUGE kaiser roll.  Yumm!!!
That is what is waiting for you if you meet me for lunch at the Turkey Rod
Run!!  No, I am not buying.

For those that don't know, the Turkey Rod Run (now known only as the Turkey
Run - see www.turkeyrun.com for the scoop) is billed as the biggest car show
and swap meet in the US.  I don't know as I have not been to Carlisle or any
of the others, but it is BIG.  The neat thing for those of us into the more
esoteric stuff like Roadsters is that if you find anything there (BIG if),
it is generally cheap as most of the attendees are into big American iron
with 8 fire breathing cylinders.  There is a dragster that often shows up
that actually has two V8 mills in it.  Pretty cool.  Lots of neat things to
look at.  Truthfully, I go for the swap meet.  Like Christmas shopping Man
style!

I usually have lunch between 11 and 2 (depending on my level of hunger - I
usually skip breakfast that day to make room for the big old piece of pig!)
beside the infield lake at the end of the main entrance road.  I usually
wear a big hat and drag a little red wagon with a cooler on it.  (long
story, but good!)  I hope to have it there this year as well.  If you want
to touch base with me on Saturday, give me a call at 904-608-8916 and we can
discuss places to meet!  Don't call before Saturday as I will be doing the
family Thanksgiving thing!

Sidney Raper
1964 1500 (still a project.... sigh....)
1967 SRL311 00076 (alive again!)
Jacksonville Florida
http://www.geocities.com/roadsternut/index.html