<OT> What's up with modern cars anyways.... <RANT>

To: "'Datsun Roadster Forum'" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: <OT> What's up with modern cars anyways.... <RANT>
From: "Daniel Neuman" <neuman@radonc17.ucsf.edu>
Date: Wed, 24 Nov 2004 12:53:51 -0800
Man I tell you,  I just don't understand modern cars!!  I'm 35yrs old and I
have never owned a car newer than 30yrs old and I liked it that way.  But
SWMBO REALLY wants a newish modernish (heck I've never even owned a car with
AC!!!) car.  Okay fine we are getting rid of the jag
http://www.craigslist.org/eby/car/50017494.html and getting something
newish.  According to the consumer reports website the only kind of used car
we want is Japanese (big shock).  We pretty much were open to anything with
only two hard and fast criteria.  The car had to fit 4 (not 5) my size
adults (6' 200#) in reasonable comfort and it can be no longer than 14'.
What is up with modern cars they have all the back seat room of a vintage VW
bug in a package that is several feet longer?  It seems like they can't fit
4 adults in a package less than 15'.  VW Golf no way, Honda civic nope,
Acura Integra nope, and on and on.  The only cars that we have found that
fit 4 people comfortably and are not gi-normous are... The Toyota Matrix,
Prius, the weird looking Scion (this car has a TON of interior room), the
Pontiac Vibe, and the PT Cruiser.  My fav is the turbo PT Cruiser cause its
got tons of interior space (especially with the rear seats out) and it has
the nicest looking interior of the bunch (according to Irene).
        I didn't think that I was asking for much I just don't want to be
embarrassed to have my friends sit in the back seat of the car.
Leather seats, ABS, Power everything, heated seats...but no rear seat
room...ARRGH!!
Have I missed a car does anybody know of  a vehicle that fits our
criteria???

        Thanks,
                Daniel Neuman
                Oakland CA