Re: Cop stories

To: "Andy Cost" <andycost@earthlink.net>, <Datsun-Roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: Cop stories
From: "Mark Dent" <mark@dealermats.com>
Date: Tue, 28 Dec 2004 19:21:51 -0500
I got pulled over for 87 in a 65 in the middle of nowhere Virginia.  I was
driving the 67 with the Zetec.  The Cop was in a sh*t mood and it was an
obvious speed trap since he had 5 of us pulled over all from out of state.
I did not even try to get out of it because I was in front.  I noticed the
courthouse address was a PO Box so it was apparent all they wanted was $$$.
I sent a copy of the ticket, a photo of the car (It looks stock) and a copy
of a R&T from 66 showing the top speed of a 1500 was 85 MPH.  I explained
that my 30+ year old Datsun could not have gone 87.  Case dismissed

I always wondered if the gauges were correct, I now know they are dead on.

The best part was as we drove off from the Cop, My 12 year old said "Good
thing we were slowing down"

Mark
Phoenix Maryland