cop stories

To: "datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net" <datsun-roadsters@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: cop stories
From: "Ron Mistak" <remfender@earthlink.net>
Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 11:49:03 -0600 (Central Standard Time)
Hi all, you guys had to get me into this!!!
started in highschool with a 57 chevy on a senior trip down the freeway to
wheeling wva steel mill, my best friend
said i don't think this car can do 120.   so at 110 mph looked over to see
an ohio state trooper beside me
with all lights on.  he said is that your dad with you.???? no da,, and why
were you driving so fast, i said i was
late for work,  he said what do you do so important!  i'm a carry out boy
for the iga store,  well that was
30 days without my license,

later a 63 plymouth 426 wedge doing donuts in a parking lot small ohio town,
police across the street took after me
chase thru town i headed down a back street and 3 cars blocked me,, well 4
hours at the police station, then let me
go free,,,,whew lucky

Then moved to south texas- my first vette 1975, going too fast in town saw
the cop put the radar gun on me
so i kicked it not knowing the city , went over many humps at incredible
speeds. finally stopped and got my
license out waiting and sure thing cars all over me, the cop said did you
know you ran a 4 way stop sign and
your wheels left the air,,, sure that explained the bump on the head,, i
said well just got the vette and was pushing it a little,,, he said hmmm
nice car,,,since you stopped i am only  writing a ticket that you ran a 4
way stop,,  wow.!!

but got to say i had so many road races in ohio roads , just too much to
tell,,  7 mile road race my 57 chev vs a
stude hawk,,  older customer from the iga store,, couldn't beat him , cold
winter nights, highschool races
of course my school budget to build my dads car, and his $$$$$ race parts,
made a difference

remember my dad said to my mother, on the farm,, why do i need the 4 barrel
carb,.   oh dad it saves gas
you only run on 2 barrels

thanks for your stories
sure like me there are many more we can tell

Ron Mistak
harlingen, TX
67 1600
68 2000