low windshield mounting

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: low windshield mounting
From: Gary Tew <garytew@cox.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 09:13:10 -0700
On the low windshield cars, the side windshield frame pieces are
attached to the body with 2 bolts.  On my car, those 2 holes have been
elongated to the point where I have a fully adjustable windshield!  2
questions.   Does anyone have a low windshield car with the holes in the
correct position so I can get some kind of measurement.  And 2, has
anyone strengthened this area.  I'm considering welding a metal strip on
the inside or welding some washers there to re-establish the correct
mounting position.  Hope everyone had a Merry Christmas,

Gary Tew
Phoenix, AZ
early '67
www.members.cox.net/garytew