Re: datsuns and junkyards

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: datsuns and junkyards
From: "Paul" <9laser3@bright.net>
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2005 12:02:05 -0500
  Here in NE Ohio, unless you specifically head to a 'import' junk yard, it
is rare to find cars from the early 90's, much less 60's or 70's.  But I did
find one roadster in a small local yard.  The owner had forgotten it was
there.  It was sunk in a swamp over the floor boards and a big tree had
fallen over it smashing the windshield.  It was only recognizable by the
stainless steel hood scoop trim.  When we tried to pull it out, it cam in
several pieces.  Found some NOS upper a-arm spindles in the truck that are
now in my roadster.  And the motor was salvaged.  We nick named it "the
gernade" after rebuilding it for Sloan Racing.  We never thought it would
last more than a race or two.  Not only did we finish out the season with
it, but Jim set a personal best lap time.

Paul Kort
Ohio