re: Vegemite AND Porsche's

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: Vegemite AND Porsche's
From: "Ken & Tammy" <wilhouse@charter.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Dec 2005 09:48:47 -0600
Hello all.
How's this for tying together two OT topics.
Tammy and I just returned from vacationing in Australia.  I have tasted
Vegemite before; a very small amount on a large cracker--VERY salty.  Washed
down with sufficient amounts of beer to forget the taste.  While we were
there, we spent 5 days in Tasmania with a rental car.  We were discussing how
much fun it would have been to drive the roadster on those roads.  Rarely saw
a straight road, and in the short stretches of straight road, they built a
bend for no apparent reason.  I suspect the early road engineers drove sports
cars.  But now I'm getting off the off topic.  We were staying in Launceston
for a few nights.  We drove into our hotel/villa and there was a group of
Porsche speedster owners staying there as well, 22 cars!  Amazingly, the
Hyundai we were driving just didn't have the same feel as the roadster....
Happy New Year,
Ken Williams
'67 1600
safely (I hope) in storage for its long winter nap
Janesville, WI