Re: mystery Bob Sharp car

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: mystery Bob Sharp car
From: Dave Dearinger <daved@mdon-line.com>
Date: Thu, 02 Mar 2006 12:18:06 -0800
It would seem that these were promotional pace cars prepared by Bob
Sharp's dealership and then sold. The car probably will appear in one of
the Bob Sharp accessory catalogs.

I found this URL http://www.sounddomain.com/ride/527206 and copied the
following text (spelling and grammar preserved)
There are some photos of the owners car on the page too.

"This is my Datsun 280z GT33. Its rare due to the fact that Bob Sharp
would take the new modle of the year, and put some of the new racing
parts in it to use for advertisment. The cars were then sold at dealer
ships. My father bought this Z in 1978 bran new from Bob SHarp Datsun in
Ct and has had it ever sence. it has never seen the snow and very rarly
sees rain. we love the car to death but have never seen another one. It
also has a spical black metalic paint, with 2 toned gray paint and pin
striping. Also a Glas pack whisper exhaust, and 2 toned gray and black
interior. And yes, this car is very fast......Yes it also looks like the
Datsun black purl but it's not. + mine is better!"

If you know any thing else about the GT33's plezze e-mail me at
datson280z88@aol.com (and yes i no it's datsun, but some one had that
already)

And this URL has a profile of an owners Bob Sharp GT-33 z car
http://www.zcar.com/month/2001/10/
Excerpt from site
"The car was the Bob Sharp Racing GT-33 1976 Road Atlanta Pace Car. As I
understand, Bob Sharp customized the car using accessories that he sold
at the time. He then used the car in his catalogs and showed the car for
promotional purposes. Then the car was sold to a dealership in Texas. It
was used as a showcase car for many years. Then the dealership changed
hands and the car was stuck in a warehouse. Until some rich kid came in
to look at buying a new 300zx and they ended up selling him the GT 33
instead. Then the kid needed money and sold it to Mr. Z for next to
nothing. It was in excellent shape. 49,000 miles, original custom paint,
original custom interior. The car had several typical z car problems but
still I could not resist the car, so I impulsively bought my 7th zcar."

Also I found a pdf copy of the San Diego Z car club newsletter from 06
2002 that has two photos of the white and gold GT-33 at
http://zcsd.org/cms/newsget.php?year=2002

-Dave Dearinger
1966 SPL311