roadster storage, roadsters on consignment

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: roadster storage, roadsters on consignment
From: "C. Halsted" <chalsted@adelphia.net>
Date: Sat, 18 Mar 2006 18:39:18 -0500
I have a project in the works... unless I don't get the property, will be
building that 60x100 garage with the concrete floor, heated, lights, the
works...
will be getting my auto dealer's license
will be taking roadsters in on consignment, with contracts- typically 15-20%
commission
will be storing roadsters, any shape, for $100 a month in the heated
garage..
only plan to take 30 to start, this is the same kind of thing the auto
museums do. many folks price them really high not to sell because it's
really cheap storage.
will have mechanic, have body man on board, does really nice work. will
specialize in roadsters, knows not to bondo the fenders to the rockers,
endless parts supply...he'll be doing the first roadster for me in about a
month, and will keep doing them for me forever so long as I pay him when
he's done every time without fail. have about 20 of my own to start but can
do others. will have a show garage with the black and white tile floors
(what IS it with that, anyhow?)
nice webpage, Dan Z offered to help on that so should be top notch...
my old Datsun Dealership fluorescent sign out front...
will be putting a matching # 67.5 Solex 2000 up on the Barrett Jackson later
this year hopefully, need to get it done..will be one of the nicest anyone's
ever seen, will open up a whole new market for our cars to people who have
never seen and have no idea... buy 'em now, the price is going to go up. if
my car goes $45k at the auction, will pull up all the values underneath.
person who never saw one before decides if one brought $45k, the nice 68
must be worth $35k, looks almost the same... better start buying them now, I
believe will be the next 356 Speedster.
looking to see what kind of response- see if rational business plan. if
you'd be interested in storage, repair, restoration, selling your car.. one
stop shop. I plan to set up the show garage, have a website, will be the
premier roadster shop on the planet- that's the plan, anyhow.. sorry, Les..
sorry... so if any of that appeals to you, please drop me a line. not
looking for any $$ up front, just to have a list so when I get the property
and get the 60x80 built- before summer's end, I can call everyone and tell
them to bring 'em on over.  if I have such a list, can also show it to the
bank, they can multiply and figure out what kind of passive income stream
even before the business I'll have when they decide how much money to loan
me :-)
did't mean to ramble, I'm excited. welcome all comments/suggestions... will
likely need more (subcontract to start) mechanics, it's in the Shenandoah
valley and a real nice place to live. in the future will try to make it
salary and benefits, but can't do that immediately.

let me know if you share my dream, and help me line up roadsters to store or
restore if you can :-)

have already shipped the first one over to europe- the netherlands

Thanks-
Craig Halsted
540-635-5752
ebay 672000
so many roadsters I have to start a business

Tom Phelan please call/e-mail if you see this, have work for you the rest of
your life if you'd like to live up here- and spares for your race car
forever too if you need 'em
even a few more race cars you can play with

Edward, need a place to store your race car? ;-)

also, would like an 8x10 or whatever the standard size photo of every datsun
owner on the planet along with their car, color preferred but not necessary,
to frame and if possible completely cover at least one wall in the show
garage.. need to find a source for frames, many many frames... Jim C?
personal comments/remarks welcome, like all the photos in the restaurants of
famous people only all datsun owners. may have one wall all roadsters,
depends on the response. maybe some folks can try at Solvang, Shasta, the
Mitty, the Glen to get these pix for me, maybe I can blow them up, can also
make posters up to architectural blueprint size. not sure my cost on that,
my brother is a distributor for the machine... have old race suit, lifetime
collection of Datsun ads and stuff to frame and put on the wall.. will be fu
n :-)
Alvin, can you help with this? you have so many great shots...  need 'em
with owners/other folks too, send me some nice ones from the Nopi and Sema
shows and all that ;-)

Thanks, all-
Craig