Electrical Problem

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: Electrical Problem
From: John Sugar <johnsugar@sbcglobal.net>
Date: Sun, 26 Mar 2006 21:41:33 -0800 (PST)
I have a 1970 SRL that's pretty stock.  Lately, after the battery has charged
from running, the ammeter has a "tick" to it.  It regularly, drops for just a
moment, and then returns to normal.  When the lights are on, at night, they dim
momentarily, as if the electical system voltage drops for a moment.  This
happens every few seconds.  To deal with it, my children  have replaced the
voltage regulator, and then, when that didn't solve it, the alternator (with
some of my help).  Still, the tick goes on.  We have a new fuse box (it doesn't
seem like that should be an issue) and a fuse in the line between the
alternator and the ammeter...which is looking good) The tick doesn't seem to
affect starting, or be an issue when the battery is charging right after
starting the engine.

  Any ideas of what we should check next?

  John Sugar
  Sacramento