1966 roadster wheels

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: 1966 roadster wheels
From: "Bob U" <rulseth@kern.com.au>
Date: Mon, 27 Mar 2006 18:33:43 +0930
I have just purchased a 1966 Datsun Fairlady Roadster that has been in storage
for three years. In South Australia, the car will have to go through a full
Government roadworthy inspection before I can register it for use on the road.
The problem is that a previous owner in another state (Victoria)  fitted 7
inch Mag wheel rims. These wheels will NOT pass inspection here as the track
is too wide and the tyre protrudes outside the mud guard. The question is, as
I am not able to locate original rims, what rims can I substitute? The only
one that looked near to fit was off a 1989 Bluebird, however these scraped on
the front disc brake calliper. Are there any suggestions?

Regards

Bob