RE: Question about Speedo

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Question about Speedo
From: "Chas Willis" <fairlady@putermail.net>
Date: Mon, 8 May 2006 15:45:49 -0400
OK confession time......
I checked the cable and it is fine, I turn it at the tranny end and it turns
at the Speedo end but when connected to the tranny and the car is driven the
cable does not turn at the Speedo end.
Therefore I assume that the gear is shot, now for the confession. I haven't
a clue how to remove and replace the gear. I know where to order it from but
not what to do with the new one once I receive it. I tried to pull the gear
out but it didn't want to move, although I didn't force it overly hard as I
wasn't sure and didn't want to break anything (More than it already was
"broken")

Chas