Re: Are these original tires?

To: Brian Reynolds <brianrreynolds@yahoo.com>
Subject: Re: Are these original tires?
From: "David R. Conrad" <konadave1@hawaii.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2006 14:28:36 -1000
Brian:

I do not think they are original unless what was exported to Canada
was different than that to U.S.

My 'bought new' roadster, purchased in Hawaii, came equipped with
5.60-14 white sidewall, Toyo tubeless, bias ply tires.  I agree that
the bias ply tires of that era didn't achieve that kind of mileage; I
didn't achieve that until I switched to Michelins in the '70s.  And,
of course, I would question the usefulness of (about) 40 year old
tires, except for display _only_.

Dave