RE: Dash Gauge lights and blinkers do not work-69 2000

To: "Datsun-Roadsters@Autox. Team. Net" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>,
Subject: RE: Dash Gauge lights and blinkers do not work-69 2000
From: "Tom @ Datsun2000" <tom@datsun2000.com>
Date: Sun, 17 Sep 2006 00:06:57 -0700
Paul,

Both 311s.org and my web site, datsun2000.com have schematics for your car.
The schematic on my web site is a 69 owners manual scan that has many hours
of cleaning up and in some cases, colorized circuits.

The circuit on datsun2000.com is in the TECH page under ELECTRICAL.  It is
the third item listed.  To save the file into your computer for future
reference, RIGHT click on the link and select SAVE AS from the menu you see.

>From the ignition switch:

Switch contact #3 is the battery input to the switch

BW/R goes directly to the coil for starting the engine

BW goes to the coil through the ballast resistor for running the engine

BW also feeds power to the 10 Amp fuse you are speaking of.  The other side
of the 10 Amp fuse is LR, which goes to the windshield wipers and washer
motor.

I would start by making sure that there is power to the coil, or power to
the windshield wipers when the ignition is turned on.  If not check the
wiring into the ignition switch to see if power is even getting there.

Hope this helps.

Tom
69 2000 - Mr. Hyde
Portland