brake master cylinder

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: brake master cylinder
From: jcgrant4th@netscape.net
Date: Wed, 20 Sep 2006 09:32:55 -0500
In lieu of paying $200+ for a new brake master cyl, I was talked into
purchasing one for an early 240Z.  The configuration is very similar, and it
bolts right in with no problems.  However, I can't get the front brakes to
lock up now, and it takes extra effort just to slow down.  There's plenty of
pressure when I bleed the front lines, so could something else cause this, or
is it likely the new MC?  It wasn't stopping before, but the old MC was shot.
Has anyone else tried this, or know of any other MC that would be compatible?
Early 510?  411?

Thanks,

Jim Grant

67.5 1600, 31+ years