[Roadsters] (no subject)

To: "Datsun List" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] (no subject)
From: "Chris & Christy Breyer" <fairlady66@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2007 19:11:03 -0700
Hey Y'all,
I have a 1966 1600.Have had some temp problems with it and I believe I have
them mostly resolved. After replacing the thermostat, and having the
radiator taken care of, it still seems to be running a bit warm, around 190
in Riverside heat of 85-95F. I had the timing checked and the Import (mostly
MG's) mechanic said that it is not unusall for these to run hot in these hot
temps in the inland empre, he does not worry if they are running at 200+ as
long as they boil over, claims that he likes them to be at 190 when he hooks
them to the dino. He said he likes them to run around 190 most of the
time... Now I have a 160 thermostat in and still running between 180 and 190
for the most part. he set the timing back a few degress and retuned the carb
mixture. Said the head gasket seems fine.  I will take it for a run tomorrow
in the hill (small ones around here) area and then up to the san bernardino
mountains on Saturday if it seems ok.
Does this sound like the MG iguy s jerking me or is he for the most part
being striagt? Hard to tell since he shows no resect fpr the datsun. Even
though he is across the street from my work, I will find someone else that
do things when I cant due to work hours.
Chris
--
'66 1600
Riverside, CA