[Roadsters] Too Damn Quiet adn Roadster demise

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Too Damn Quiet adn Roadster demise
From: "SlowBoy" <slowboy@cox.net>
Date: Fri, 14 Sep 2007 09:40:36 -0700
We need to go out and find 100 people to buy beat up roadsters and restore
them. I know, I know, we have a bunch of roadsters being restored, but those
owners have already gone through all the newbie questions that seem to perk up
the LIST.

I must have gotten to the LIST back in 97 when there was a purchase spurt of
roadsters. I have watched the low periods since then. The biggest low spot was
always the Shasta weekend. That was always the best time to buy roadster stuff
on Ebay too.

Since I am at home I guess I could go pay attention to that roadster project
in the garage. It's 9 am here in Phoenix and my garage is already over a 100
degrees. Before I go sweat in the garage sauna there is a news flash.

The first roadster (1970 SPL) I bought that got me into this which turned out
to be too far gone has now gone to semi-roadster heaven. It was dragged off
the property two nights ago by an individual that wants to restore it.
The car had already sat for 25 years when I got it plus the nine I had it.
When I got it all the exposed wires where chewed up by critters. The car was
the critters outhouse. The only part of the interior that was any good was the
uncraked dash. It had been in an accident at a few points as both doors had
filler throughout. The rear end had been hit twice. The engine had siezed and
later after I got the head off I found the pistons rusted to the block. It had
been a southern California car and appeared to have been in a flood. The list
goes on so I decided to use it for parts. I cut out the steering column to
upgrade the 66, removed the front end suspension, and pulled all useable
electrics plus other odds & ends.

Despite my telling him about the car and what I did to it he seemed to want to
restore it. Therefore, I let him have it and told him to call if he has any
questions. I also told him he could get a running roadster for a fraction of
what it would take to put that car back together. I am sure after he gets into
the car it will be stripped further and then make the finally journey to see
Saint Katayama!

Off to the sweat room....

SlowBoy
(Jim)