Re: [Roadsters] '70 Roadster

To: "'Datsun List'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] '70 Roadster
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2007 12:57:08 +0930
--===============1895492842==

It is the old "model changeover" dilemma.
My '65 SP310 is virtually a '65 SP311, excepting the G15 to R16, front drum
to disc brake and positive to negative earth electrics.
If the parts bin still had something in it, it got used till runout, then
the changeover to current specs. happened.
Makes a mockery of accuracy when evaluating a restoration.
Anything may have been used on any car in the factory, quite legitimately.
Doesn't happen to the same extent in this day of umpty nine VIN sytems!

> So does that make it a '69 or '70? Or do I have a rare '70 with
>'69 trim? Anyone else with VIN's that don't match the side markers?

FWIW, in the 510 world there were quite a few early '70 cars with various
'69 bits.

11:53 AM