[Roadsters] blinker switch activates hi-beams, opinions?

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] blinker switch activates hi-beams, opinions?
From: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sun, 23 Sep 2007 13:43:37 -0700
So, good friend Gary Wasserman sold me a used blinker switch for my 69 2000,
which finally solved all my blinker woes.
The first time I drove it to work at oh-dark-thirty, I realized that using the
blinkers, both directions, also turned on the hi-beams. So, since you know
this car, for me, is a "driver", not a resto-to-stock quest, what would be the
best course of action:
A) wire to a separate toggle switch attached to bottom of dash? (unthread the
wires from the stalk and install a radio shack toggle switch
(temp-off-constant type).  If I was to do this, what minimum amp rating should
that switch have?
B) is it just contacts to clean or something simple to check?
I would be fine with only the instantaneous hi-beam switch side working, as I
don't have the occasion to drive with the high beams on for any amount of
time.
Fergus O, 69 2000, HB, CA