[Roadsters] Ignition switches

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Ignition switches
From: dansummers@comcast.net
Date: Sun, 02 Mar 2008 01:39:01 +0000
I have a 69 2000 I got about a year and a half ago. It had been sitting outside
in  New Mexico for eight years. I have cleaned up the fuel system from tank to
carbs including new fuel lines and filter and changed the oil and filter. But
the ignition switch seems to be shot. I went to our local wrecking yard and
actually found what they call a 69 2000. I have been pulling everything that I
think I will need including the Ignition switch. But when I compare the two
switches the one in my car has ACC,GARAGE,ON and START and the plastic cover is
held on with a screw that goes into the turn signal mechanism from the bottom.
The one from the wrecking yard has GARAGE, ACC ON and START and the plastic
cover is held on by a crew in the top of the switch. the back of the switches
look the same. Can anyone tell me are these inter changeable?

Dan
SRL311-03490