Re: [Roadsters] Passed 100mph for the first time!

To: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Passed 100mph for the first time!
From: "Mike H." <twobeaners@earthlink.net>
Date: Sat, 1 Mar 2008 18:04:44 -0600
Absolutely valid point! Not to mention my NOS speedo I bought 15 years ago
dances pretty good around that speed. My tach was reading 4500 in 5th, my
gear ratio calculator works it out around 98mph and I have a "corrected"
speedo pinion for the 3.9 rear end. It felt like well over 75, gauging the
other traffic, though there was very little.

Anyway, wasn't bragging or anything, the seat of my pants was telling me it
was plenty fast enough! I am taking the speedo to the shop next week, the
local guy I talked to said he was familiar with the roadster and even knew
about the crimped rings on the speedo. He said he had a special machine that
can open those king of rims. I let everyone know how that works out. He also
said that even on NOS units the lube dries up and causes flaky needles.
We'll see.
Mike Hudson  '67 - Stroker / 5-speed