Re: [Roadsters] Door gap and hinges

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Door gap and hinges
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 16:43:22 -0500
<<  When it came time to install the doors, the guy helping me grabbed a
piece of 2"X4" and a single jack and literally moved the post a good
1/4" until both doors fit perfectly. ...for an experienced body man it's
just another day at the office.  >>

There is a story of the English factory from the Sterling plant that
Honda helped set-up in England.
the "Sterling", as we know it, a short lived Acura Legend made in GB.

Once the 8th or 10th came off the line, one of the final fitters went to
his supervisor and asked what they were going to do with the wall of
graduated sizes of large padded mallets, that had been stock-in-trade
for all English car assembly plants since anyone could remember, but
were obsolete on the new Japanese model.

That being said, if you have ever picked up a copy of "Practical
Classics", the amount of welding and panel beating that the "average"
Brit will take on in his cold, damp garage (versus the American approach
of "buy a never-rusted car from California") is a lesson in low-budget
"learn-as-you-go-along" determination.  (as well as some entertaining
writing)