[Roadsters] U20 Head water passages

To: "Datsun Roadsters" <>
Subject: [Roadsters] U20 Head water passages
From: "Richard Brown" <>
Date: Tue, 11 Mar 2008 19:04:20 -0400
I am cleaning up and assembling a U20 engine. The water passages from the head
to the manifold have never been opened. I have searched and found
recommendations for having them open and closed.

The have them open thought says the water will keep the manifold cooler.

The Sharp comp manual says block them to keep the hot water out of the

I am so confused!  Any new thoughts on this?

The motor is going into a street car with a working heater.

Richard Brown

Datsun-roadsters mailing list