[Roadsters] Update on Engine Rebuild

To: roadster list <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Update on Engine Rebuild
From: Matthew Cox <oscilloscope500@yahoo.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 20:13:09 -0700 (PDT)
Hey everyone! Thanks for all the comments on my "dilemma." They really helped
me with my decision!

  I decided to rebuild the running 3-main engine in my driver (numbers
matching). It finally came down to what would I most like to spend money on, an
engine that I know I'm going to keep, or an engine that I may have to get rid
of. Also, I don't know the condition of my spare engines, so the expense could
be huge, whereas extra money can be spent on the runner on performance upgrades
instead of doing major repairs (let's hope).

  Anyway, thanks again for the opinions. Everything was helpful!

  Quick question... I don't have any engine lift points on my block (that I can
see). Where should I attach the hoist? I'd rather not take the head off until I
get to class. Can I attach the chain to a manifold stud and then something on
the opposite front side (alternator bracket for example)?

  Thanks!

  Matthew...