Re: [Roadsters] Update on Engine Rebuild

To: Graeme <graemes@internode.on.net>, 'Matthew Cox'
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Update on Engine Rebuild
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Mon, 24 Mar 2008 22:56:06 -0700
there should be two lifting points on a engine block - both exterior (sort of
slotted loops) - one unfortunately attached to a head bolt(rear i believe)
and the other attached to a point to the right of the thermostat tower - these
make lifting the engine out a relative breeze ( i know, i have r&r'd the
engine over 4 times in my 5 speed transmission swap - ya got to get a leveller
- ya gotta remove radiator,  the grill and the grill support - more clearance
and less damage from 'oops' it's not such a biggie on the removal but on the
reinstall ya need the flexibility that a leveller offers - harbor freight has
a relatively cheap and effective one (how many times are you hopefully going
to use it anyway)

i have r&r'd an engine using a rope - but it was a real PITA

my 2c

peter