[Roadsters] back on-line and RAMBLING!!!

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] back on-line and RAMBLING!!!
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Fri, 28 Mar 2008 21:04:27 -0400
Hi All!

If you got some funky bounces from my email address, it was EarthLink's
fault. I'm here, I'm on line. They didn't register my payment and shut off
my account. Damn computers!!! I missed all emails from 3/21 to present, so
my "list" archive is no longer complete. Dammit!

Drove home yesterday with the top down at 72 degrees. I drove to work today
top down 58 degrees (in the dark). Drove home tonight, under threat of rain
74 degrees!!!!!! Car is parked, top up, due to rain tonight and tomorrow.
)(@$%*)($*%&#)($*%&#)($%*^

I emailed a seller on eBay today. He's Sam739. He is selling some racing
parts. Someone may have recently purchased a 7Q oil pan from him. (One of
his items currently listed as "oil pump new new new" Item number
320232609721). I got a call from him today, per my email. He's been out of
the "roadster game" for 20 years, but he used to race (for 16-17 years).
(Sebring, Rockingham, etc.) He's a machinist/engine builder at heart and
used to fabricate his own parts for his race cars. He has many parts
leftover from Nissan Racing parts crib (Nissan was a sponsor so some of you
may very well know him). He's retired now. I assume 7/39 is his birth
month/year. I should get more info tomorrow when we meet. He lives right
down the road from me. He said he has many parts, and he's just now going
thru them to see what he has. He's trying to figure out what they all are
and looking up part numbers. I've offered my help in any way possible. I own
"The Datsun Roadster Book" volumes, so that should help. He knows nothing of
311s.org, roadster list, Rallye, Datsunparts.com, or any of the current
resources we all use. I've offered only in the interest of gaining knowledge
from this gentleman. I do not want, nor will I accept any parts without
paying him a fair price. I wanted you all to know that there are un-tapped
resources out there. Once I find out more, I'll pass info along. For anyone
interested, I'll try to help him catalog what he's got and he's open to a
"lot sale". He's an older gentleman and he's having a hard time going thru
the process of getting rid of his collection, emotionally (Fully
understandable!). I'm trying to convince him to come to Mitty. :-) What a
boon that would be for all of us who attend! NEW stories!!! HAHAHAHAHA!

Luv U!

Matt Smith