Re: [Roadsters] more torque rod questions?

To: "'roadsters'" <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] more torque rod questions?
From: "Joe Russo" <jrusso07@rochester.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 29 Mar 2008 09:24:25 -0400
"hi everyone
the rod that goes from the rear axle housing to the frame (perpendicular to
the axle housing)?  did/do these break regularly? "

I read the responses to Steve's question and am looking for similar
inputs/advice.  My "torque rod" mount broke at the axel tube. The body mount
is good. It looks to have been welded once...rather poorly. Do you think I
should weld it back in place? I am having the rear springs "re-sprung" so I
figured I would have them weld it back on the axel tube at that time but I
would want to add the re-enforcements too...

Perhaps there is another (root) cause for the breakage - other than spirited
driving?

Thoughts? Advice? Re-enforcement directions? (re-enforce in what plane x, y,
or z) (parallel to rod, perpendicular to rod, or up and down?)

Car is a 70 SRL

Thanks,
Joe