[Roadsters] New subscriber - old questions

To: datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net
Subject: [Roadsters] New subscriber - old questions
From: "Brian Smith" <w.brian.smith@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 2 Jun 2008 19:42:36 -0500
Hi everyone,

Just subscribed earlier today. I picked up my first roadster yesterday, it's
a 1969 1600. Its far from pretty but still solid enough to restore. With
that being said, I've got a few questions.

The car has been painted and painted and painted again. The top coat looks
like a desert floor opening up to show the multiple colors underneath. The
wizard that painted it last apparently never took a step down the hardware
aisle that sells masking tape and the ID plate is completely covered and
unreadable in any capacity. What's the best way to remove this paint without
damaging the plate? I'd prefer to recover it vs. replace it as I still don't
know what the VIN for the car is.

I'm sure I'll need a multitude of parts, most notably a windshield, dash and
top. Is it possible to use an early dash in the later car? I kinda prefer
the early look.

Thanks!

--
Brian Smith