Re: [Roadsters] New subscriber - old questions

To: "'Brian Smith'" <w.brian.smith@gmail.com>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] New subscriber - old questions
From: "Graeme" <graemes@internode.on.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 11:32:08 +0930
"What's the best way to remove this paint without damaging the plate? I'd
prefer to recover it vs. replace it as I still don't know what the VIN for
the car is."

You already know about the chassis stamping.
For the VIN plate I would suggest a paper towel soaked in paint thinner.
I tried this on my own VIN and it seemed to work OK, although it was
overspray not a full on coat.
Avoid using a scraper/scourer, it will probably destroy the information.
It will probably take some time and a fair deal of care.
Welcome to the List!