[Roadsters] shifter plate for 1969-1600

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] shifter plate for 1969-1600
From: stan <stathy@shaw.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Jun 2008 23:39:12 -0700
Hello all, I'm kinda embarrassed to ask this, but I'm piecing my
interior back together and I'm struggling to figure out how the shifter
plate (the one with the shifter pattern on it that fits over the
shifter)
fits on/under/in the center console.

On some pictures I have it looks as though the plate sits overtop of the
front of the center console.  This looks horrible and doesn't look
right.  It would look much better in between the two "arms"
that extend to the base of the radio console.  But this obviously isn't
the way it was meant to be as the plate is probably about 1" wider.
So, that leaves the possibility of this plate going under the console.
This doesn't look right either as it doesn't appear that you can secure
it in properly.

Have I confused everyone?  If not any help would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers!
Stan in Vancouver