Re: [Roadsters] shifter plate for 1969-1600

To: Datsun Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] shifter plate for 1969-1600
From: peter harrison <granvillecomputing@hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:47:28 -0700
Stan
The shifter plate fits under the center console Uising the two tabs) and is
held in place (under the radio) by two screwsHTH

Peter

> Date: Tue, 3 Jun 2008 23:39:12 -0700> From: stathy@shaw.ca> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: [Roadsters] shifter plate for
1969-1600> > Hello all, I'm kinda embarrassed to ask this, but I'm piecing my>
interior back together and I'm struggling to figure out how the shifter> plate
(the one with the shifter pattern on it that fits over the> shifter)> fits
on/under/in the center console.> > On some pictures I have it looks as though
the plate sits overtop of the> front of the center console. This looks
horrible and doesn't look> right. It would look much better in between the two
"arms"> that extend to the base of the radio console. But this obviously
isn't> the way it was meant to be as the plate is probably about 1" wider.>
So, that leaves the possibility of this plate going under the console.> This
doesn't look right either as it doesn't appear that you can secure> it in
properly.> > Have I confused everyone? If not any help would be greatly
appreciated.> > > Cheers!> Stan in Vancouver>