Re: [Roadsters] a lesson / contrast in suspension balance,

To: Paul <9laser3@bright.net>, 'Fergus OFarrell'
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] a lesson / contrast in suspension balance,
From: alvin gogineni <alvingogi@hotmail.com>
Date: Sun, 15 Jun 2008 02:44:33 +0000
 Mark Sedlack has an example of a good v8 installation for his Z, mounting it
as close to the firewall as possible:

http://www.mildevco.net/chevypowereddatsuns/Z.htm

The 240z doesn't need major frame/suspension modifications to handle 300hp,
just brakes! Here is a 440rwhp Z with an RB25DET engine swap, accelerating:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=PmcsuTk6lV4

Tim Arnett has an L24-powered roadster, a throwback to the one that was raced
way back. He' succesfully raced it on road courses!
Pictures in this thread:
http://www.311s.org/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?p=54337#54337Alvin Gogineni San Jose,
CA 67.5 SPL/SR20

> From: 9laser3@bright.net> To: fergus06@socal.rr.com;
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 11:53:03 -0400>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] a lesson / contrast in suspension balance, L-6
roadster vs V-8 Zcar> > Nose heavy yes, but I like the front air dam. Could do
without the second> tier hood scoop and I miss the reflectors in back.> You
have to wonder if the Z has all the frame mods and reinforcements> necessary
to keep those 300+ horse power in line?> > Paul> Ohio> > -----Original
Message-----> From:
datsun-roadsters-bounces+9laser3=bright.net@autox.team.net>
[mailto:datsun-roadsters-bounces+9laser3=bright.net@autox.team.net] On> Behalf
Of Fergus OFarrell> Sent: Saturday, June 14, 2008 10:49 AM> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: [Roadsters] a lesson / contrast in
suspension balance, L-6 roadster> vs V-8 Zcar> > Have a look at the two engine
bay shots of these two cars, and notice how> much> of the engine is sitting
FORWARD of the shock tower / suspension pivot:> > V-8 Z-car:>
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/car/711171981.html> > L-6 roadster: (can you
say "nose heavy"?>
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-ROADSTER_W0QQitemZ130230850527QQihZ003>
Q> QcategoryZ6188QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem> > even in a straight
line, I can only imagine the pitch-up / unweighting of> the> back end of that
roadster when the brakes are slammed on. The lack of> traction might be good
(or bad) for drifting, I suppose. (with a tire> sponsor!)> You are subscribed
as 9laser3@bright.net> > Datsun-roadsters mailing list> >
http://www.team.net/archive> >