[Roadsters] a lesson / contrast in suspension balance,

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] a lesson / contrast in suspension balance,
From: "Fergus OFarrell" <fergus06@socal.rr.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Jun 2008 07:48:57 -0700
Have a look at the two engine bay shots of these two cars, and notice how much
of the engine is sitting FORWARD of the shock tower / suspension pivot:

V-8 Z-car:
http://sacramento.craigslist.org/car/711171981.html

L-6 roadster: (can you say "nose heavy"?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATSUN-ROADSTER_W0QQitemZ130230850527QQihZ003Q
QcategoryZ6188QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

even in a straight line, I can only imagine the pitch-up / unweighting of the
back end of that roadster when the brakes are slammed on.  The lack of
traction might be good (or bad) for drifting, I suppose.  (with a tire
sponsor!)