[Roadsters] OT air suspension suggestions

To: DATSUN LIST <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] OT air suspension suggestions
From: Pat <Pat@HorneSystemsTx.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Jun 2008 21:16:38 -0500
I know this is off topic, it is NOT something I would consider doing to
a Roadster. My wifes Parkinson's is getting to the point where she is
unable to easily get in and out of a normal height car. (We have a Ford
Taurus). She is quite able to get in and out of a Honda Element, which
we are considering buying, but, with its height, it doesn't get the gas
mileage that we would prefer. I was thinking about getting a lower
riding car and adding air assist to all 4 wheels so that it would rise
6" or 8" for her to get in and out, then drop back to the normal ride
height for driving.

Has anyone done such a modification, have any suggestions as to
suppliers, know of any problems, etc?

Once we work this out I will look for a suitable vehicle that will
accommodate a scooter, which the Element will hold easily.

Why don't we take this off list for now, unless folks want it on list.
Besides, I can forward any replies to those who want to be included.

Thanks,
Pat

--
Pat Horne, Owner, Horne Systems
(512) 797-7501 Voice            5026 FM 2001