[Roadsters] Advice request

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] Advice request
From: "Matthew A. Smith" <matthews517@earthlink.net>
Date: Tue, 17 Jun 2008 06:06:11 -0400
Hi All,

I'm hours away from tearing into my engine. I'll be having the head done
(valve seats, likely a couple of valves replaced, guides, etc), replacing
timing chains, water pump, oil pump, fuel pump, and all hoses. The only
thing I'm worried about is the timing chain and head replacement. If anyone
has any hints about the task I'm about to undertake, I'd really appreciate
it. Things like, how do I make damn sure I get the cam in the right position
when I put the head back on. I do own the "Datsun Roadster Books" so I'm
sure I can figure out the right way to do the job. I just figure that
someone has hints about how NOT to do things. It's always good to know where
the land mines are before walking into the field!

Thanks!

Matt

And Loreli (she's a 1970 Solex 2000)