Re: [Roadsters] Newbie

To: Mark Zitterich <mzitterich@yahoo.com>, <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] Newbie
From: John McCarthy <bmccarthy67@hotmail.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 06:38:12 +0000
Welcome Mark...if you haven't already.. make sure you go to www.311s.org and
register your car. That forum has LOTS of Roadster info. As for some of your
first questions:

1. People run various oil and gear weights based on their driving habits and
locations.
2. There is an Electronic Dizzy offered for the Roadster...it was made by
Garry Boone, now it's made by I believe, Dave Brisco. The Dizzy works on 1600
& 2000, but he does change the Dizzy based on SU vs Solex carbs (vac advance).

3. Again, I'm not in front of my car, I believe temp sensor is on the head by
the thermostat tower, on the 2000 it is below (connected with) the thermostat
tower.

4. All of the Roadster clubs are linked on 311s.org

Good luck and welcome aboard.

v/r
Buddy

> Date: Fri, 20 Jun 2008 20:09:08 -0700> From: mzitterich@yahoo.com> To:
datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net> Subject: [Roadsters] Newbie> > Hello,> I'm
probably the newest Roadster owner. It arrived last night and I> registered it
today. This is my first roadster (1968 SRL-31102879). It's a> bit of an
omelette (someone dropped a R-1600 in it and it has 1969 front> fenders), but
I'm looking forward to it, My last Datsun was a 73 240Z that> was great fun
until an untimely crash with my roomate driving it.> I have a> couple of
questions, since I have not acquired a service manual yet.> 1. Does> the
gearbox (4sp) and differential take 75W-90?> 2. Is there an aftermarket>
electronic ignition system available? Would it work for the R-1600 and a>
U-2000 if I decide to go back to a 2000cc engine?> 3. The oil pressure and>
fuel guages work, but not the temp? Where is the temp sender located? I>
looked on both sides of the radiator, but couldn't find one or a hole for
one.> 4. What is the toggle switch on the left side of the steering wheel
for?> 5. > Is there a Roadster club in Colorado? I'm just north of Colorado
Team.Net http://www.team.net/donate.html> > You are subscribed as
http://www.team.net/archive> >