[Roadsters] temp sender

To: mzitterich@yahoo.com
Subject: [Roadsters] temp sender
From: "gregs672liter@netzero.net" <gregs672liter@netzero.net>
Date: Sat, 21 Jun 2008 17:31:04 GMT
Hi Mark, and welcome.  I have not owned a 1600 but on a 2000 a frequent reason
why the temp sender does not work is that it uses a metal tab on the two
themostat housing gaskets to create a ground so the temp sender works.  If
someone uses gasket sealer, makes a gasket without the tab, or if the tab
corrodes over time the sender will not work.  I make my own gaskets using
gasket material and simply take some small gauge copper wire (cut from your
typical wire strands) cut into less than half an inch lengths and poke it
through the gasket in a spot where it will contact the housing when installed,
bend it flat (so it looks like a tab) and squish it a bit with pliers, clean
the aluminum contact areas and put the unit together without gasket sealer, or
at least keep gasket sealer off that spot.  Also, use anti-seize on the nuts
when you assemble it, as they tend to corrode a lot and potentially break off
the stud.  It will make things a lot easier to work with later if needed.
Welcome to the Roadster world!
Greg Burrows
67 2000
Enter for Your Chance to WIN*
The TotalBeauty.com Summer Spa Sweepstakes!
http://thirdpartyoffers.netzero.net/TGL2241/fc/JKFkuJkEP31ZrxtQOrIv0TcykkdCXi
MOSscc0csVupMMTLRJbYMOT0/