Re: [Roadsters] License plate lamp

To: "JohnnyRoadster" <JohnnyRoadster@comcast.net>,
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] License plate lamp
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Thu, 30 Oct 2008 20:08:25 -0500
John,

The wire with the bullet connects to the wire coming from the lamp.  The
other wire is a ground wire, which should be black, and should have a
half-round terminal on the end.  Connect it to one of the mounting studs for
the lamp.

Having said that, depending o your cars ownership history and its condition
otherwise (How accurately the the POs maintain the car -- any evidence of
gross stupidity?) you might want to check the lead with the bullet for
polarity -- should be ~12 volts positive -- before making the connections
and assuming the wiring is correct.  (SInce there is a bullet connector on
one wire, I think it is highly unlikely there will be a problem.)

Gary Ault
'66 1600/U20 (since 1971)
'67-1/2 2000 (new toy)