[Roadsters] OT: '80-82 Toyota 3TC/auto into '69 Corona 4-dr

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] OT: '80-82 Toyota 3TC/auto into '69 Corona 4-dr
From: "O'Farrell, Fergus" <Fergus.OFarrell@ngc.com>
Date: Thu, 22 Jan 2009 15:01:32 -0600
I have a friend here at work who is trying to complete his engine swap /
frame-on resto, and is running into the typical oil sump vs crossmember
challenge.
Anyone know anyone (Aussies?) with experience with this kind of swap?

<< I have a 1969 toyota corona, four door that has an original 1.9 4 cyl
engine and want to install a 3TC 1.8 engine and auto trans from a 1980
to 1982 toyota corolla (these years are all 1.8 4 cyl.
I have already started the transfusion, and the transmission seems to
fit fine, however the engine oil pan has an interference issue common to
the engine bay crossmember(oil pump pickup is in that area) >>

Feel free to respond off-list,

Fergus O
69 2000,
Los Alamitos, CA