[Roadsters] M/C Threads?

To: Roadster List <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>
Subject: [Roadsters] M/C Threads?
From: Ronnie Day <ronnie.day@gmail.com>
Date: Sat, 24 Jan 2009 18:01:35 -0600
I'm finally putting some time in on my 2000, working to get it ready to take
to the Z Sport show in San Antonio the 1st of April, and just to make it
more usable in general. I'll be getting a new top, carpet kit and various
bits of weather stripping in the next couple of weeks and need to do some
wiring cleanup and some other fairly small projects that I'll have to fit in
between work and building a house. Thank goodness we'll be going back on DST
in a couple of months. I need the daylight in the evenings!
I already had a new clutch slave but when I started to install it found I
couldn't get the flex hose off, so I decided just to button everything back
up for now and install it later after I get a new hose. Then I discovered
the clutch master wouldn't produce any pressure even after the system was
bled. I'll take it apart and inspect it before ordering anything, but the
M/C is running around $140.

Marc Tyler suggested Rock Auto, and while they list one (for a lot less) it
looks to me like they list the same part number for the other Datsuns like
the 240Z and 510. That raised a red flag for me. IIRC, the roadster
hydraulics used SAE while the other Datsuns used metric. If that is the case
Marc and I talked about using an adapter, and while I'd hesitate to do that
on the brakes I might try it on the clutch M/C. The money I save would
defray the cost of everything else.

Is my memory failing regarding the fittings? Has anyone else done this
"adaptation"?

TIA,
Ron