Re: [Roadsters] top cable clamps

To: <datsun-roadsters@autox.team.net>, <vulforge@aol.com>
Subject: Re: [Roadsters] top cable clamps
From: "Gary and Cindy Ault" <aultgc@att.net>
Date: Thu, 29 Jan 2009 21:39:20 -0600
Short answer:  I can't get at the car right now to take a picture.

Longer answer:  The cable tensioners have a hook at the end which connects
to the top frame.  The frame has a (for want of a better word) boss on the
lower side at the front where the frame meets the top bow.  The boss is
drilled and tapped for something like a #6-32 pan head machine screw.  The
screw, with a washer, goes through the hook to hold the cable end to the
frame.

Even perfectly installed, there is a small gap between the top and the vent
frame/door glass at the front.  It doesn't seem to create a problem in erms
of leakage, but then, I have driven a roadster in the rain in a long time.

Absence of the cable doesn't seem to make a difference.  I don't have the
cables for my '67 2000, but I do on my '66 1600/U20.  If I could find a
decent set, along with the brackets, I'd add them, but for form rather than
function.

Gary Ault